EDS has performed data validation in support of hundreds of environmental investigations. We have validated data for all media types including water, soil, sediment, air, wipe, solid, elutriate and tissue. We have validated data for most analytical parameters including volatile organic compounds, semivolatile organic compounds, pesticides/PCBs, metals, cyanide, organophosphorus pesticides, herbicides, explosives, total petroleum hydrocarbons, dioxin/furans, PCB congeners, all wet chemistry parameters, gross alpha/beta, alpha spectroscopy, gamma spectroscopy and uranium.
There are many different guideline documents for performing data validation and each guideline has specific criteria for qualification. It is critical to be experienced using the appropriate guideline for each project and EDS has been performing data validation with the different regional and program specific guidelines for many years. These guidelines include:
We are also experienced with specific analytical methods such as for the determination of petroleum hydrocarbons.
- USEPA Contract Laboratory Program (CLP) National Functional Guidelines for Organic and Inorganic Data Review
- USEPA Region I, EPA-NE Data Validation Functional Guidelines for Evaluating Environmental Analyses
- USEPA Region II Standard Operating Procedures for Data Validation
- USEPA Region III Modifications to the National Functional Guidelines for Organic and Inorganic Review
- USEPA Region IV Data Validation Standard Operating Procedure for Contract Laboratory Program Routine Analytical Services
- Naval Facilities Engineering Service Center (NFESC) Installation Restoration Laboratory Quality Assurance Guide
- Department of Energy Hazardous Waste Remedial Actions Program (HAZWRAP) Requirements for Quality Control of Analytical Data
- Air Force Center for Environmental Excellence (AFCEE) Quality Assurance Project Plan (QAPP)
- Maine Department of Environmental Protection Methods for the Determining Diesel Range Organics (DRO) and Gasoline Range Organics (GRO)
- Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection Method for the Determination of Extractable Petroleum Hydrocarbons (EPH) and Volatile Petroleum Hydrocarbons (VPH)
EDS is experienced in validating radiochemical data using project and method specific data validation guidelines. We have performed data validation in support of programs at the Oak Ridge Reservation, the Aberdeen Proving Ground, the Department of Energy's Pantex Plant and several private sites.